Adopt LEAN manufacturing practices
From enabling the identification and tracking of non-value adding activities inherent in your current operational processes, to the automation of manual processes, SYSPRO's powerful functionality provides you with the tools to implement your LEAN initiatives. Its integrated nature and ease-of-use facilitates the effortless extraction of financial and operational information required for Value Stream Mapping (VSM).
SYSPRO's Inventory module is a synchronized hub providing a consolidated view of all stock locations and those activities that impact inventory optimization and customer service levels, as well as the end-to-end elements of costs and lead times. Features such as Pareto and obsolescence analysis can assist in identifying those products that are suitable for VSM focus, while SYSPRO modules such as Engineering Change Control, Bills of Material, Work-in Progress and Factory Scheduling facilitate the evaluation of targets for kaizen programs, such as reduction in design and manufacturing costs, cycle times, queues and setups.
SYSPRO's powerful inspection, serial tracking and lot traceability functionality aid in the identification and tracking of the source of defects, thereby enabling the implementation of kaizen initiatives towards the principle of 'Quality at the source'.
The queries and reports in Work in Progress enable you to quickly assess the statuses, inventories and costs associated with work in progress, and provide metrics on utilization, efficiency, scrap and rework, while customer and supplier delivery performance metrics are provided by the Sales Order and Purchase Order and Inventory Optimization modules.
SYSPRO's Inventory and Bills of Material modules enable the modelling of the LEAN techniques of batch size and setup reduction on costs, lead time and inventory. SYSPRO's Factory Scheduling provides graphical tools to assist you in optimizing scheduling and sequencing processes, to reduce setup and overall lead time, and improve manufacturing flexibility and sale-to-customer flow. This, along with the inventory optimization and production planning features, enables you to refine the pace of production to match the pace of sales. Furthermore, features such as sales order/job/purchase-order linking facilitate the electronic implementation of true pull supply- chain processes where appropriate.
Document Flow Manager and SYSPRO e.net Solutions enable you, not only to automate resource and time-intensive processes such as order processing, but also to handle increased volumes from global customers. By providing the capability for 24/7 order taking and acknowledgment, they improve lead time, and free up staff to perform other value-adding tasks. Furthermore, SYSPRO's XML-aware solutions enable version-independent integration with best-of-breed shop floor monitoring and control systems.
The system's sophisticated reporting and analytics tools enable user-defined reports and queries, while SYSPRO Workflow Services enable the creation of efficient workflows to implement business rules and standardize business processes. Electronic Signatures and automation tools enable the automatic raising of alerts, triggers and events based on user-defined criteria, thereby aiding prompt problem solving and process improvement.
SYSPRO's flexible integrated features and best-practice focus give you single-point visibility and control, providing support for the implementation of your LEAN initiatives.
Document and track product and process control
SYSPRO's Engineering Change Control system enables you to implement the workflow and controls necessary to track changes to your products in terms of constituent materials and processes, as well as to automate enforcement of the necessary operational data controls during change activities. The user-defined workflow sub-system along with its audit trails and archives provides access to prior product versions and traceability of changes made.
General task-based business processes performed by single users can be controlled using SYSPRO's Task and Event managers. Electronic Signatures enhance process control by enabling you to maintain a detailed transaction log for auditing purposes, as well as to activate triggers for integration to third-party systems or notification via email. In addition, Electronic Signatures give you the tools to define rules which govern who is allowed to process specific transactions, under what conditions. . This improves transparency and accountability in business transaction processing, giving you strict authorization and access control at a granular level in addition to SYSPRO's general system security.
For those businesses requiring a more sophisticated rules-based workflow for the streamlining of end-to-end processes which involve multiple users and disparate systems, SYSPRO Workflow Services provides complete rules-based business process management (BPM).
Improve electronic collaboration with trading partners
Your ability to harness e-Commerce technologies effectively has enormous potential to transform your business and enhance commercial success and growth.
Your customers and suppliers may look increasingly to closer collaboration, to cut production timetables and minimize disruption to their supply chain. This could involve working via their electronic order and supply chain systems to enable streamlining of operations and to reduce margin for error. Multi-organization research and design teams may need to work collaboratively and to achieve this, you must have efficient, secure systems that can deliver and receive information.
SYSPRO facilitates streamlined, secure electronic data interchange and collaborative commerce through features such Document Flow Manager, e.net Solutions, EDI, Office Automation and Messaging, SYSPRO Workflow Services and various Business-to-Business purchase and sales import and export functions. In addition, SYSPRO's Web Applications are out-the-box solutions which you can run on the Internet/Intranet and easily customize to suit end-user requirements.
Quick response times and accuracy in fulfilling orders are critical to your reputation in a diverse and demanding global market. Automated 24/7 customer order placement and acknowledgment is facilitated via SYSPRO's Document Flow Manager and email. In addition, SYSPRO's e.net Solutions enables the rapid development of applications for mobile devices, so that your sales force can check stock and place orders directly into SYSPRO while out visiting customers, thereby improving order turnaround time.
SYSPRO's e.net Solutions can be extended to integrate SYSPRO with other applications, such as shipping companies' tracking systems to determine the shipping status of customer orders. In addition, e.net Solutions facilitates the integration of SYSPRO with scanning and Smart technologies, thereby streamlining picking and packing processes, as well as inventory stock takes.
If your customers include Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) you can import and easily reconcile vendor EDI releases using SYSPRO's Blanket Sales Order module.
Improve time to market for customized products and variations
Constant innovation is a key factor to remaining competitive, and on-going research and development into new and better products is integral to the industry. Short product life cycles mean the speed with which you deliver these innovations to the market is imperative to remaining competitive and profitable.
SYSPRO's integrated nature and powerful functionality enable you to streamline and track the changes to product designs and costings, as well as to improve the delivery of customer-driven product designs and configurations.
The rules-based Product Configurator enables non-technical staff to rapidly generate accurate product specifications for highly customizable products, thereby helping to reduce lead times and improve the speed and accuracy of order processing in configure-to-order environments. It facilitates the automatic generation of factory orders and purchase orders, with all the relevant detail such as materials and operations required to make or assemble the correct customer-specific configuration of the product. It mitigates the need for manual input or additional bills of materials to cover all product permutations and drastically reduces the margin for input errors. New permutations may be saved for future orders, making it easy to recall at order entry time.
For complete engineer- and design-to-order requirements, SYSPRO speeds the processing of product inquiries through its estimating and quotations functionality, with estimating providing an accurate view of both standard and non-standard material and labor costs, ensuring accurate profitability projection and quoting.
SYSPRO's e.net Solutions, multimedia and import facilities enable the rapid incorporation and processing of customer design data, such as drawings and CAD specifications, further improving turnaround time. Furthermore, SYSPRO's powerful factory scheduling features enable you to quote accurate lead times and delivery dates, based on capacity and existing loads. Once a quote is accepted by the customer, the conversion to a factory order is a simple automated process. SYSPRO's Engineering Change Control (ECC) enables you to apply strict control and uniformity over your design-to-market processes by providing an integrated rules-based electronic workflow system with full version control, security and auditable history. ECC gives you the tools to record and track product design and process changes, assess the impact of these changes on costs and associated data, and control the change routing and approval processes.
SYSPRO provides an integrated view of the development-to-market processes, thus facilitating improved communication between all participants.
Maintain accurate job costs
In custom-build, as well as project and service environments, job cost accuracy is essential in attaining correct pricing and profitability, as well as to assess the reliability of the quoting process, while in standard costing environments, it is essential for tracking the validity of current standard costs.
For custom-build environments, SYSPRO's Quotations module enables detailed estimates based on all aspects of the job (or jobs) and the automatic creation of jobs, purchase orders and sales orders based on approved quotes. This ensures the integrity of the quoted and margin information throughout the system. For project and service environments, this same functionality is available, with the added benefits of hierarchical analysis of costs and margins per head and section.
SYSPRO's fully integrated solution enables the capture, tracking and analyzing of job and product costs, and profitability in real-time. Details of expected versus actual costs for material and scrap, internal and external labor, fixed and overhead costs per job, or group of jobs, is available through SYSPRO's querying and reporting features. This enables the identification of exceptions and problems as they occur, such as areas of high cost expenditure, production scrap and rework, and problems in the quoting process. Furthermore, for those businesses wishing to take advantage of government and private enterprise grant programs, detailed R&D job data is easily extracted for regulatory reporting requirements.
With SYSPRO's visibility to product cost details and profit margins, including for co- and by-products, you can evaluate job cost performance, margin analysis and pricing with confidence.
Manage complex production recipes
SYSPRO's multi-level bill of materials functionality enables the definition of complex production recipes of up to 15 levels per route, and 10 routes per finished product.
Control over recipe changes is seamlessly handled by the Engineering Change Control module, while a where-used query and substitution facility enables quick and easy replacement of ingredients. The relationship validation function enables you to easily identify illogical relationships within your bills, while the structure validation function facilitates quick deletion of redundant or superseded components from bill of material structures.
The work center, and structures and routings facilities provide you with the means to define and maintain the elements required in a sequence of internal or subcontract manufacturing operations, as well as the structural relationships between parent and component parts.
For each bill level, you can define ingredient quantities such as quantity per, fixed quantities or wet weight percentages in relation to that specific level's parent item. Component and operation copy, insertion, and move facilities enable straightforward maintenance of new and existing bills. SYSPRO's multimedia functionality enables you to attach visual and textual material, such as videos, photographs, and certificates of conformance, to structures and operations, to aid production and quality assurance staff, while custom forms enable you to create additional user-defined fields.
Phantom bills are catered for to accommodate transient production items, and planning bill functionality aids option forecasting and planning. In addition, the configuration and manufacture of multiple items which are produced in a single process are catered for by SYSPRO's co- and by-product features.
SYSPRO provides various operation run time methods, as well as material and progressive scrap functionality. The capture of various lead time elements enables accurate calculations of manufacturing and cumulative lead times, which in turn aid efficient materials planning and production scheduling, as well as product costing. Information on tooling, operator skill levels, operation instructions and testing requirements can also be added to the operation and printed on SYSPRO's user-defined factory documentation.
The Work in Progress module enables seamless ingredient substitution where actual ingredients differ from planned. Furthermore, where intermediate or finished products differ from planned, the Work in Progress inspection functionality enables receipting of these products as alternate stock codes, or into alternate warehouses or bins.
Manage different units of measure for different levels in product bills of material
SYSPRO's Inventory module enables the definition of multiple user-defined units of measure (UOM) for stocked items: Stocking UOM, Alternate UOM, Other UOM and Manufacturing UOM. These units of measure, along with their conversion factors, are used in various parts of the system to ensure accurate quantities for sales, purchasing and production.
For production purposes, SYSPRO's multi-level bill of materials functionality enables you to define the manufacturing recipes and methods for bulk, intermediary and pack items, allowing for up to 15 levels per route, and 10 routes per finished product. For each level in a multi-level bill, you can define ingredient quantities as quantity per, fixed quantity or wet weight percentage in relation to the UOM defined for that level's parent item and routing.
Manage dynamic product schedules
To gain the competitive edge, you must have the agility to respond to market demands at all levels of operation, without increasing costs and waste, and sacrificing efficiency. Whether you use line, batch or project processes, your scheduling activities must balance competing objectives. This includes the efficient management and execution of re-scheduling activities when business priorities and plans change or unexpected events occur.
Having the capability to create and execute an achievable schedule requires a comprehensive view of the current situation and available resources, as well as the tools to perform efficient re-scheduling if necessary. SYSPRO's visual scheduling products provide this capability to suit all levels of sophistication and complexity, from basic manual drag and drop, to automatic algorithm-driven scheduling and changeover optimization.
Particularly suited to job shop, batch process and project environments, SYSPRO Factory Scheduling provides the planner with an interactive decision support tool that helps balance demand and resource availability. Optimization is enhanced through the consideration of priorities, constraints, and conflicts, as well as sequencing and synchronization requirements. Automatic forward, backward and bi-directional scheduling is available, along with manual intervention. The customizable graphical interface enables quick and easy identification of schedule loads, job and operation statuses and links, and resource availability.
One-click schedule performance metrics, as well as the ability to run, save and compare schedules, provide what-if capability and enable the scheduler to choose the best option for the current circumstances.
Whether you operate a simple scheduling environment requiring single-constraint finite scheduling, or a complex environment requiring multi-constraint and rules-based finite scheduling, SYSPRO can help you optimize your scheduling activities with its Graphical Planning Board (GPB), Factory Scheduler (FS) or Advanced Scheduler (AS).
Manage outsourced manufacturing
SYSPRO's Contact Management system helps you to manage your relationships with contract manufacturers through the recording and tracking of all interactions, while the blanket purchase order functionality facilitates the creation, management and electronic communication of the details of the outsourcing contracts that you have negotiated.
For mass production and vendor-managed inventory environments, SYSPRO's powerful forecasting, and material requirements planning functionality give you the means to provide suppliers with visibility to time-phased component requirements out into the future; in make- and engineer-to-order environments, sub-contract manufacturing services for a particular job are placed on suppliers via optionally linked purchase orders. Component tracking and quality management is enhanced through SYSPRO's quality management, lot traceability and serial tracking systems.
Work in progress, bill of materials (BOM) and engineering change control (ECC) functionality enables you to cost and manage your BOM design changes and include tasks, actions and notifications for your contract suppliers in the electronic ECC workflow. Furthermore, synchronization of your internal production facility with any reserved capacity at your contract suppliers is facilitated by SYSPRO's powerful factory scheduling features.
SYSPRO's multi-currency and landed cost tracking features enable you to better estimate the true landed cost of your outsourced production, while the GRN suspense and supplier invoice matching features provide the mechanism to track your purchase price variances.
Manufacturing in a job-shop environment
Remaining competitive and profitable in a job-shop environment entails flexibility, speed and accuracy in meeting customer requirements. SYSPRO provides an end-to-end solution for 'to-order' manufacturers by helping to streamline quote-to-invoice processes and improve operational , planning and financial management.
- Rapid accurate quotation generation is facilitated through SYSPRO's estimating and quotations features. These provide comprehensive evaluations of material and operational costs for single or multiple routings.
- Import facilities and SYSPRO e.net Solutions facilitate improved electronic collaboration with your customers for the creation of custom designs, hence improving quote and order turnaround.
- Integration with selected CAD systems allows you to import multi-level bills of material from the design models, and thereby reduce double-entry and the margin for error, as well as provide a solid basis on which to calculate costs, prices and lead times for quotations. In addition, you can store and link technical drawings, photographs, video clips and other multimedia files to key data in SYSPRO such as quotes, jobs and products for on-demand viewing.
- For configure-to-order environments, SYSPRO promotes improved delivery performance and streamlined constituent processes through its rules-based Product Configurator. It facilitates rapid and accurate order-taking by non-technical staff, and enables the automatic generation of factory orders and purchase orders, with all the relevant detail required to make the correct customer-specific configuration of the product.
- Upon confirmation of a quote, SYSPRO has the capability to automatically raise all actions related to fulfilling the customer order, through its sales order, purchase order and job linking features, thereby ensuring the integrity of quoted and margin information, and the accuracy of order details. You can print or produce quotations and order acknowledgments in multiple user-defined formats, and email or fax electronic versions directly from SYSPRO to your customers. SYSPRO's e.net Solutions facilitates 24/7 electronic processing of customer orders and order acknowledgments.
- If your customers include Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM), you can greatly reduce the manual administration associated with capturing and reconciling EDI vendor releases with the use of SYSPRO's Blanket Sales Order import and reconciliation mechanisms.
- SYSPRO Factory Scheduler (SFS) is a powerful tool for scheduling, sequencing and synchronizing of jobs and operations on the shop floor. It provides seamless management and control of events that reflect the dynamic and versatile nature of your production environment, thus enabling you to quote realistic lead times and delivery dates. It enables you to build a complete profile of your factory capacity by modeling capacity loads around multiple constraints, such as machine availability, efficiencies and utilization; labor shifts and calendars; tooling; and in the advanced scheduler, around material availability for bills of jobs.
- Material planning and execution tools promote accurate and timely material replenishment, thereby helping you to keep inventory levels to a minimum. Simple job-based materials purchasing is facilitated during quote confirmation and by the system's trial kitting features, which can expedite the creation of purchase orders. You can also configure parameters against master production schedules, quote probabilities, confirmed orders and SYSPRO''s flexible inventory order policies to drive the calculation of time-phased aggregate material requirements in Requirements Planning (MRP).
- SYSPRO's Work in Progress module enables the efficient execution of jobs, as well as day-to-day monitoring of job-related activities, costs and exception events. Detailed job information, including costs for material and scrap; internal and external labor; and fixed and overhead costs is immediately accessible via SYSPRO's querying and reporting features.
- The Projects and Contracts module enables the capture of contract details, the tracking of costs associated with multiple project-based jobs, and offers multiple options for progress billings.
- SYSPRO's lot traceability and serial tracking features enable product and component traceability.
- User-defined factory documentation can be printed or viewed on-line, as can linked multimedia files such as video instructions.
- Trial kitting mechanisms enable the identification of material shortages prior to jobs being launched on the shop floor, while flexible posting functionality enables the posting of materials and labor via a number of methods, including specific and kit issues.
- SYSPRO's e.net Solutions and Job Import functionality enable seamless integration to barcoding and shop floor data collection systems, allowing more effective and real-time management of expected versus actual costs for material and labor.
- The Sales Orders module facilitates accurate invoicing, and includes dispatch and delivery notes for rapid, accurate dispatch of customer goods. Collection activities are enabled through SYSPRO's comprehensive accounts receivable management. Detailed customer order, pricing and payment history is retained for use in repeat orders and targeted business campaigns.
- Enterprise performance management (EPM) capabilities in SYSPRO enable you to measure and monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and set up digital dashboards. A set of pre-configured KPIs, based on industry standards, is provided for different areas of the business, as well as the option to create your own.
Manufacturing in a Mixed-Mode Environment
Mixed-mode manufacturers attain agility by running parallel manufacturing strategies and switching between them as required. SYSPRO provides full visual management across mixed-mode production organizations, enabling the seamless synchronization and integration of a variety of manufacturing techniques all within one fully integrated software system.
Whether manufacturing to order or to stock, using discrete or process methods; engineering to order; or building large project-based assets, SYSPRO's outstanding flexibility ensures a comprehensive set of tools to help you plan, record, track and control your output. SYSPRO functionality enables you to keep inventory at an absolute minimum and enhances your decision-making regarding what to manufacture, with what resources, when, where, and in what sequence.
Through SYSPRO's accommodation of a variety of manufacturing techniques, as well as its modular approach, mixed-mode manufacturers are provided with the flexibility to grow their businesses in the direction that the market demands.
- Quotations and estimating features ensure the integrity of cost and profit calculations for bid processes in project, as well as job shop, environments. On confirmation of a quote, SYSPRO provides the capability to automatically raise all supply actions related to fulfilling the customer order through its sales order, purchase order and job linking features.
- SYSPRO Product Configurator facilitates seamless rules-based order processing for assemble and make-to-order products.
- For discrete and process manufacturers, comprehensive bills of material functionality enables the definition of simple single-level bills through to complex formulations with multiple units of measure and relationship definitions. Master data features ensure accurate calculation of lead times and dynamic elapsed times, and assist in the optimization of production order quantities, while Engineering Change Control facilitates the efficient electronic management of changes to product versions.
- The Inventory module is a synchronized hub providing a consolidated view of all stock locations and those activities that impact inventory optimization, safety stock and customer service levels, as well as the end-to-end elements of costs and lead times. Furthermore, full traceability is enabled through SYSPRO's powerful inspection, serial tracking and lot traceability functionality.
- Powerful demand management features enable the implementation of a mix of push and pull replenishment strategies, such as make-to-stock for sub-assemblies, and finish-to-customer order for final products. Planning features include forecasting, master planning, material requirements planning and capacity planning, while scheduling functionality extends from single-constraint scheduling to multiple-constraint scheduling and sequencing.
- SYSPRO's Inventory Optimization suite of modules enable the entry of manual forecasts, as well as the automatic generation of forecasts via a variety of forecast algorithms. Combinations of forecasts and other sources of demand, such as sales orders, can be configured as the demand drivers for Requirements Planning, with the module providing clear visibility to the integrated effect of current and future supply and demand. Order policies by stock code at warehouse level enable you to implement lot-sizing rules for both purchased and manufactured replenishment items.
- For replenishment approaches not requiring full-scale MRP but a simpler derivative, SYSPRO offers Advanced Trial Kitting, which you can run based on a range of user-selected criteria thereby ensuring that you order only the materials that you require. Additionally, true order-linked pull replenishment is provided through sales order- and purchase order-to-job linking and multi-level trial kitting, which enable the automatic raising and linking of the relevant supply orders via simple review.
- Material and labor consumed in production may be backflushed or, for longer production runs, issued to work-in-progress in real-time, while work-in-progress inspection functionality enables a product to be receipted against multiple items when, for example, grades of the final product vary. Tracking of actual versus estimated labor hours, material usage and scrap is facilitated through the Work in Progress module, while SYSPRO's e.net Solutions enable version-independent integration to best-of-breed CAD and shop-floor data collection systems.
- SYSPRO features extensive costing control and tracking features including the facility to model the effects of 'what-if' material, labor and manufacturing route costs. Costing methods by warehouse, as well as the facilities to track actual and activity based costs ensure that different manufacturing approaches may be costed appropriately within one system.
SYSPRO powerful functionality enables the efficient synchronization of supply and demand, thereby helping you to reduce inventory, obsolescent stocks and lead time to your customers.
In industries where rapid innovation is critical to remaining competitive and trends (such as Moore's Law) continue to apply downward pressure on revenues, strategies to optimize inventory without sacrificing customer service and quality are essential. SYSPRO's Inventory, Inventory Optimization and Requirements Planning modules provide the tools to help reduce forecast error, manage seasonality and optimize inventories to meet customer service targets.
SYSPRO enables you to automate and streamline order-to-delivery processes, and provides complete visibility to an integrated picture of your operations, thereby enabling efficient management of operations in rapidly shifting demand environments. The Inventory Optimization suite provides comprehensive tracking and analysis of forecasts, as well as slow-moving, excess, active and static stocks. Its powerful features enable accurate obsolescence provisioning, product rationalization programs and targeted promotions on slow-moving and end-of-life stocks.
Excess component, work-in-progress and finished goods inventory is further mitigated through the use of SYSPRO's powerful forecasting and material requirements planning (MRP) features. These provide a complete view of independent and dependent demand and supply, as well as accurate time-phased requirements with comprehensive pegging. Component-to-operation linking, along with order policy, lead time and time fence features, enable accurate JIT-based materials replenishment.
For those businesses not requiring full-scale MRP but a simpler derivative, SYSPRO offers Advanced Trial Kitting, which you can run based on a range of user-selected criteria thereby ensuring that you order only the materials that you require. Additionally, true order-linked pull replenishment is provided through sales order- and purchase order-to-job linking and multi-level trial kitting, which enable the automatic raising and linking of the relevant supply orders via simple review.
SYSPRO Factory Scheduler facilitates the efficient preparation and execution of achievable production schedules and assists the production area in quickly implementing the necessary changes when order profiles vary from plan. Additionally, materials-constraint scheduling helps to prevent the accumulation of excess Work In Progress inventories.
Efficient automation, management and tracking of product life cycles is provided through the Inventory, Bill of Materials and Engineering Change Control modules, thereby streamlining time-to-market processes, while efficient warehouse and shelf life management is provided through SYSPRO's powerful inventory, warehouse management, lot tracking and serial tracking functionality.
Optimize production capacity and increase manufacturing efficiency
Increasing manufacturing efficiency means getting the right balance between demand and supply, while optimizing capacity, improving throughput, and reducing waste and variable costs. SYSPRO provides interactive decision-support tools that give you visibility and control over all inputs and outputs.
SYSPRO's material requirements planning functionality gives you an integrated picture of your time-phased demand and supply, enabling you to model 'what-if' scenarios to produce viable replenishment plans.
SYSPRO Factory Scheduling assists you in maintaining accurate and up-to-date production schedules that take account of your material plans and the complexities of your factory. This enables better co-ordination between work centers, increased productivity, reduced work-in-progress and achievement of improved customer service levels.
Material and labor tracking, as well as cost, scrap and utilization management is facilitated through SYSPRO's Work in Progress module, which enables you to track in-process production at every stage and identify problems as they occur.
Plan, execute and control production based on a wide variety of manufacturing modes
The diverse nature of manufacturing methods employed in the industry entails the synchronization and integration of a variety of manufacturing techniques all within one fully integrated software system.
Whether manufacturing to order or to stock, using discrete or process methods; engineering to order; or building large project-based assets, SYSPRO's outstanding flexibility ensures a comprehensive set of tools to help you plan, record, track and control your output.
SYSPRO functionality enables you to keep finished goods inventory to an absolute minimum and enhances your decision-making regarding what to manufacture, with what resources, when, where, and in what sequence.
SYSPRO's Quotations and Estimating ensures the integrity of cost and profit calculation for bid processes in project, as well as job shop, engineer and make-to-order environments. On confirmation of a quote, SYSPRO provides the capability to automatically raise all supply actions related to fulfilling the customer order, through its sales order, purchase order and job linking features. Furthermore, SYSPRO's Product Configurator facilitates seamless rules-based order processing for assemble, configure and make-to-order products.
For discrete and process manufacturers, comprehensive bills of material functionality enables the definition of simple single-level bills through to complex formulations with multiple units of measure and relationship definitions.
Master data features ensure accurate calculation of lead times and dynamic elapsed times, and assist in the optimization of production order quantities, while Engineering Change Control facilitates the efficient management of changes to product versions.
Planning features include forecasting, master planning, material requirements planning and capacity planning, while scheduling functionality extends from single-constraint scheduling to multi-constraint scheduling and sequencing.
Material and labor consumed in production may be backflushed, or, for longer production runs, issued as consumed to work in progress. Work-in-progress inspection functionality enables a product to be receipted against multiple items if grades of the final product vary.
Tracking of actual versus estimated labor hours, material usage and scrap is facilitated through the Work in Progress module, while SYSPRO's e.net Solutions enable version-independent integration to best-of-breed CAD and shop-floor data collection systems.
SYSPRO features extensive costing control and tracking, including the facility to model the effects of what-if material, labor and manufacturing route costs.
Reduce inventory investment while optimizing customer service levels
SYSPRO's Inventory Optimization and Forecasting modules enable you to minimize forecast error and manage seasonality, thereby helping you to reduce your inventory investment, and improve order fulfilment performance. This is further enhanced by features such as Available-to-promise and various time fence indicators, which give sales and production staff a reliable view of what they can promise to customers and when.
SYSPRO's Material Requirements Planning gives you clear visibility to the integrated effect of current and future supply and demand, thereby enabling you to make better purchasing and production decisions and reduce excess and obsolete inventories. The inclusion of sources of supply and demand is configurable and various reports and related review programs enable easy potential oversupplies and seamless execution of suggested actions. In addition, order policies by stock code at warehouse level enable you to implement lot-sizing rules for purchased and manufactured items.
In make-to-order environments, where a full material requirements planning run may not be required, features such as Advanced Trial Kitting provide full visibility to replenishment requirements for multi or single-level jobs. The purchase order to job link enables purchased or subcontracted materials to be receipted directly into specific jobs.
Standard reports such as the Inventory Exception and the MRP Potential Oversupplies report help you identify excess inventories and possible problems with your lot-sizing techniques.
Track material and operation flow through manufacturing
To identify and reduce waste and inefficiencies in the production process, you need real-time access to accurate material and labor flow data. SYSPRO enables you to easily query the status of your work-in-progress in terms of costs, material and scrap quantities, labor hours and manufactured quantities. In addition, optional lot traceability and serial tracking functionality enables you to identify the jobs to which traceable raw materials have been issued.
In SYSPRO, the material and labor allocations are created manually for a non-standard job, or automatically for a job created from a bill of material or estimate. In all cases, you can specify whether the materials are required a certain number of days before the job finish date, or at the start of a specific operation. This provides complete visibility to the material and labor that is required for any particular job, and when it is required in the production process. Also, once a job is in progress, you can easily pinpoint where the job is currently located in the routing, as well as what material has been issued so far, and the job's overall progress.
Trial-kitting mechanisms provide complete visibility to the availability of materials required for jobs. Flexible posting functionality enables you to issue materials and labor to jobs at any time via a number of methods, including specific and kit issues. In addition, SYSPRO e.net Solutions and Job Import functionality enable seamless integration of shop floor data collection systems.
Powerful queries and reports provide detailed information on job status and delivery performance information.